The Galaxy M42 5G features a 6.6-inch AMOLED screen, HD Plus display quality or 720 by 1600 pixels, and 20:9 dimensions. The screen also comes with an Infinity-U design, with a fingerprint sensor built into the screen.
The Galaxy M42 5G phone supports connection to 5G networks thanks to the Snapdragon 750G chip, and the phone also comes with 8 GB of random memory, 128 GB of storage, and the phone supports external storage via a microSD card.
Gcam for Samsung Galaxy M42 (Google Camera)
While the company introduced an integrated camera unit consisting of four rear lenses and a front camera to provide many shooting patterns and angles for the user, the main camera is 48 megapixels with an F 1.8 lens slot that takes good pictures, the second with 8 megapixels with an F 2.2 lens slot for wide-angle photography, and the third is 5 megapixels Pixels with an F 2.4 lens slot to isolate the background, and the fourth is the same accuracy as the previous lens and is intended for macro photography.
The rear camera also allows shooting 4K video at 30 frames per second, in addition to the ability to record Slow-Motion up to 480 frames per second in HD resolution, and the front camera is 20 megapixels with an F 2.2 slot, suitable for posting videos and photos on Instagram Stories or Snapchat .
The Google Camera app is one of the best alternatives to the stock camera app. Also, it has features like Astrophotography mode, Night vision mode, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode and a little more. Also, the latest Google Camera 8.1 has a lot of core features, along with a better Google Camera optimization. The quality of Google Camera photos is better than the stock camera in some places. It provides better image quality in low light and a more detailed picture. Just follow the guide and install Google Camera for OnePlus 9R.
Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M42
The Galaxy M42 is equipped with a Snapdragon processor and also supports Camera2 API out of the box, which means you can easily download the GCam app. The latest Pixel Camera app (also known as GCam 8.1) is compatible with the Galaxy M42 5G. Below, we include two different versions of the Google Camera ports, one from the Pixel 4 (GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05) and one from the Pixel 5 (GCam 8.1 by BSG). Below are the download links for both the apps.
- Download Google Camera for Galaxy M42 5G (MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1a_ENG.apk)
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for Galaxy M42 5G (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk)
- At first, download this configuration file to your smartphone.
- Now create a new folder named GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create another folder named configs7.
- Now paste the configuration file into the configs7 folder.
- Once you’re done, open the Google Camera app and double-click on the black blank area next to the shutter button.
- Click on galaxym425g-config.xml file name and hit restore option.
- Now open the app again and start capturing.
There is no need to make a lot of changes in the latest GCam 8.1 mod port, although you can make some changes according to your needs from the settings section.
How to install Google Camera on Samsung Galaxy M42 5G [GCam]
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Read also: Download Gcam 7.3 for Galaxy A32 5G (Google Camera)